Monday, November 29, 2010

miserable much?

Today I read "pain is not optional, but misery is" and I felt like someone was nail filing my rough little heart down. The thing is I've been a bit of a misery guts lately - sure I've got my nice face on when encountering the world, but as of stepping through my front door at night I morph into an evil witch from hell identity - not so pleasant for those who share my house. If I'm not miserable about the man of my dreams not slaying every girl in his sight to get to me, then its the fact that I'm not living in my dream apartment or that I'm not close enough to work or I don't have enough clothes or I'm not the right weight, I'm not, I don't, I'm not, I don't... the list of ridiculously insignificant justifications for my misery is endless. But tonight I was reminded of a few things... true love still exists (revelation from a head over heels friend on the phone updating me on her love life), I spent the weekend by the ocean, I have friends who will stick around for life and I am a size 10 even though I frequent KFC and realised that thankfulness is the greatest antidote to misery. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment